Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DREAM BIG!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...


" Now to Him who . . . is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams] to Him be glory . . . ."
(Ephesians 3:20 – AMP)



Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am a visionary, a dreamer, a believer and a doer of the Word. I am not afraid to put God to the test by believing for the extraordinary and the impossible. He is able, and He has enabled me by giving me the ability to dream.


Today I will avoid, if possible, the company of shallow and small-minded people who do not practice the power of dreaming. I will seek the fellowship of those who dare to see beyond the finite world, and, if there are none to be found, I will be content to dream alone.


Today I will think creatively. I will walk fearlessly on the high places without the security of a safety net – daring to dream dramatic, even dangerous dreams. I will challenge the status quo, rejecting my own self-imposed limitations. My dreams will enlarge me.


Today I will prophesy possibilities, voice my vision, and declare my dreams to those around me. I will not indiscriminately "cast my pearls before swine" and set myself up to be disillusioned by the influence of negative people. But neither will I hesitate to talk up my dreams when the right time or opportunity presents itself.





Today I will be open to inspiration . . . new ideas . . . revelation . . . enlightenment. I will not reject a radical idea if I believe that it will honor God and help to reveal His Kingdom. My big dreams create a child-like faith in my heart that causes me to truly believe that anything is possible.


Today I will maintain the ability to think realistically, because the fruit of the Spirit is self-control. My dreams will not prevent me from being grounded and practical. I will continue to expect the impossible, but will also be flexible in my vision, with a teachable spirit, and the patience needed to balance my faith.


Today I will continue to be focused and productive in the real world, but I will be ever aware that there is an unseen world of the spirit that is even more real than the natural one. Today I will work toward making my dreams come true, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to dream big and think out of the box today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bishop,

Greetings from D.C.! This post is so timely for me as I'm in a place where I have a choice to act on my dreams. Yet, I feel resistance (fear) and I've let it hinder me for the past few months. I'm not quite sure what I'm afraid of - not being good enough, perhaps - but I do recognize that I am in my own way. Thanks so much for the reminder that this dream is in me for a reason and it's up to me to believe in it. With my faith and focus on God, I can make it happen.